1. Microtubule is involved in the
a) muscle contraction
b) cell division
c) DNA recognition
d) membrane architecture
2. How many mitotic divisions are needed or a single cell to make 128 cells?
3. If mitotic division is restricted in G 1 phase of a cell cycle, then the condition is known as
a) S phase
b) G2 phase
c) M phase
d) G0 Phase
4. The number of reduction division required to produce 100 seeds is
5. Crossing over occurs in
a) non sister chromatids of homologous chromosome at two stranded stage
b) non sister chromatids of homologous chromosome at four stranded stage.
c) sister chromatids of homologous chromosome at two stranded stage.
d) Sister chromatids of homologous chromosome at four stranded stage.
6. RNA and histone proteins are synthesised during which of the following phase of cell cycle?
a) S phase
b) G1 phase
c) G2 phase
d) both a and b
7. Amitosis is
a) division involving formation of chromosome bridges
b) division involving spindle formation
c) cleavage of nucleus without recognisable chromosome distribution
d) division in which chromosomes are unequally distributed
8. The term meiosis was coined by
a) Farmer and Moore
9.Crossing over occurs in
10. Chiasma represents the sites of
c) crossing over
- MCQ on Cell Divison
- MCQ on Cell cycle, Mitosis and Meiosis
- MCQ on Mitosis
- Chromosome number and Chromatid number (DNA Molecule)
1. b) cell division
2. a) 7
3. d) G0 Phase
4. b) 125
the number of meiosis of ‘n’ number of seeds or grains or zygotes in most of the plants=n + n/4
no of meiosis required = 100+100/4=125
5. b) non sister chromatids of homologous chromosome at four stranded stage.
6. d) both a and b
7. c) cleavage of nucleus without recognisable chromosome distribution
8. a) Farmer and Moore
9. b) pachytene
10. c) crossing over